Reptile: Expected cast, plot, release date and everything we know
In the forthcoming neo-noir thriller Reptile, Oscar winner Benicio Del Toro will work with his Excess Baggage co-star Alicia Silverstone once again. Through the eyes of the investigator in charge of looking into the crime, the movie will chronicle the violent murder of a young real estate agent. This true-crime production, which was directed by well-known music video director Grant Singer, has a lot of twists and turns and will appeal to fans of neo-noir films a la David Fincher. Here is all we currently know about this next Netflix movie, from the release date to the cast members.
Reportedly, the network is yet to update about the cast of this upcoming series which is why we cannot provide you the exact list of the entire cast members. As per the reports, following is the potential cast of Reptile.
- Benicio del Toro as Detective Tom Nichols
- Justin Timberlake as Will Grady, the victim’s boyfriend
- Alicia Silverstone as Judy Nichols, Tom’s wife
- Eric Bogosian as Captain Robert Allen, Nichols’s boss
- Ato Essandoh as Detective Dan Cleary, Tom’s partner
- Domenick Lombardozzi as Wally
- Michael Pitt as Eli Phillips, a suspect
- Karl Glusman as Sam Gifford, the victim’s ex-husband
- Matilda Lutz as Summer Elswick
- Mike Pniewski as Chief Marty Graeber
- Thad Luckinbill as Peter
- Sky Ferreira as Renee, the victim’s best friend
- Owen Teague as Rudy Rackozy
- Frances Fisher as Camille Grady
- Catherine Dyer as Deena Allen
- James Devoti as Bennett Rosoff
- Michael Beasley as Victor
The official synopsis of the film reads, “When a realtor is stabbed to death in a show home, homicide detective Tom Nichols (Del Toro) has no shortage of suspects to investigate. The body was discovered by the victim’s boyfriend and colleague, Will (Timberlake), with whom she fought the night before. The victim’s ex (Karl Glusman), to whom she was still married, is possibly a drug dealer. Meanwhile, an eccentric man (Michael Pitt) with a longstanding grudge against Will and his family seems to take an unhealthy interest in the case.
All of these people have a motive, yet none of the existing hypotheses feel entirely convincing to Tom, who only recently relocated to Scarborough, Maine with his wife, Judy (Silverstone). The couple had been living in Philadelphia, where Tom was partnered with a detective convicted of several crimes.”
Reptile: Release Date
Starting on September 22, it will play in cinemas for a short time.
The thriller will be released on Netflix on September 29 shortly after it becomes available to view on television. The most recent Del Toro production is a Netflix original, so after its TIFF debut and brief theatrical run, fans may only watch it on Netflix. Previously, the movie was supposed to have a limited release on September 29 and then launch on Netflix on October 6.