Killers of the Flower Moon: Potential release date, cast, plot and everything we know
The director Martin Scorsese is most frequently linked to gangster and wise guy movies from the past. However, the filmmaker is branching out into a new genre with his forthcoming Western Killers of the Flower Moon. The movie, an adaptation of the nonfiction book Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and The Birth of the FBI by writer David Grann, depicts the tale of at least twenty Osage Tribal members who were killed in Oklahoma in the 1920s.
Even though the film rights to Grann’s novel were sold in 2016 — one year before it was even released — production on the much awaited movie didn’t start until 2021. Martin Scorsese was added to the project after a number of filmmakers indicated interest in it without formally agreeing to do so. The COVID-19 epidemic forced a mid-2020 postponement of filming, which was originally scheduled to start in March 2020. What is known thus far about the project is listed below.
Killers of the Flower Moon: Cast
For all that we know, the network is yet to update about the cast of this upcoming film which is why we cannot provide you the exact list of the entire cast members. As per the reports, following is the potential cast. Check it out.
- Leonardo DiCaprio as Ernest Burkhart
- Robert De Niro as William Hale
- Lily Gladstone as Mollie Burkhart
- Jesse Plemons as Tom White, BOI agent investigating Hale
- Brendan Fraser as W. S. Hamilton, Hale’s corrupt attorney
- John Lithgow as Prosecutor Leaward
- Tantoo Cardinal as Lizzie Q, Mollie’s mother
- Cara Jade Myers as Anna Brown, Mollie’s sister
- JaNae Collins as Reta, Mollie’s cousin
- Jillian Dion as Minnie, Mollie’s sister
- William Belleau as Henry Roan, Mollie’s brother-in-law
- Scott Shepherd as Bryan Burkhart
- Louis Cancelmi as Kelsie Morrison
- Jason Isbell as Bill Smith
- Sturgill Simpson as Henry Grammer
- Tatanka Means as John Wren
- Michael Abbott Jr. as Frank Smith
- Pat Healy as John Burger
- Gary Basaraba as William J. Burns
- Steve Eastin as Judge Pollock
- Barry Corbin as Undertaker Turton
- Katherine Willis as Myrtle Hale
- Gene Jones as Pitts Beatty
- Jack White
- Larry Fessenden
Killers of the Flower Moon: Plot
The conspiracy to murder approximately sixty members of the Osage tribe between 1921 and 1925 is detailed in the book Killers of the Flower Moon. The Osage Indian Tribe of Oklahoma received the right to benefit from the vast oil riches that were found in the area around the end of the 19th century. The Osage nation was regarded as one of the richest countries in the world due to the tens of millions of dollars that the Osage people generated on their own. The prosperity led to deadly envy among other groups who hadn’t quite struck it as wealthy, and it made the federal government uneasy enough to assign Caucasian guardians to “assist” with financial management.
When the body of a rich Osage woman was discovered in the woods in 1921, these negative emotions quickly escalated into acts of violence. At least sixty affluent Osage tribe members had passed away by 1925. Agent Tom White of the FBI, who oversaw the inquiry, discovered a sophisticated scheme by local cattleman William Hale to seize control of the Osage oil. In order to strengthen his claim to the property, Hale even persuaded his nephew Ernest Burkhart to wed Mollie Kile, an Osage native. It’s pretty reasonable to assume that Scorsese will turn this tale of racism, murder, treachery, and money into a dark and intriguing movie.
Killers of the Flower Moon: Release Date
On October 6, 2023, Killers of the Flower Moon is scheduled for release.