‘Dune’ Part 2: Potential release date, cast, plot, trailer and other details
It goes without saying that Dune was one of the most adored films to come out in 2021. A star-studded ensemble is present in Denis Villeneuve’s most recent feature-length adaptation of Frank Herbert’s acclaimed science fiction book. Villeneuve is known for his avant-garde work on Arrival and Blade Runner: 2049. One of the most eagerly awaited movies of 2023, Dune: Part Two, seeks to capitalize on the popularity of the previous picture.
Everything you need to know about Dune: Part Two is provided here.
‘Dune’ Part 2: Cast
Currently, we are yet to know if there would be any addition or subtraction to the already existing cast of the film. Hence, we cannot provide the exact official cast list of the next season. Moreover, we think it is safe to speculate that most of the main characters and series regulars of the show are likely to return for another instalment. Nevertheless, check out the potential cast of Part 2 below:
- Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides, ducal heir of House Atreides
- Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica, Paul’s Bene Gesserit mother and consort to Leto
- Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides, Paul’s father and the leader of House Atreides
- Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck, weapons master of House Atreides and one of Paul’s mentors
- Stellan Skarsgård as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, leader of House Harkonnen, enemy to House Atreides, and former steward of Arrakis
- Dave Bautista as Glossu Rabban, nephew of Baron Harkonnen
- Sharon Duncan-Brewster as Dr. Liet Kynes, Imperial ecologist and Judge of the Change on Arrakis
- Stephen McKinley Henderson as Thufir Hawat, the Mentat of House Atreides
- Zendaya as Chani, a mysterious young Fremen woman who appears in Paul’s visions
- Chang Chen as Dr. Wellington Yueh, a Suk doctor in the employ of House Atreides
- Charlotte Rampling as Reverend Mother Mohiam, the Emperor’s Bene Gesserit Truthsayer
- Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho, the swordmaster of House Atreides and one of Paul’s mentors
- Javier Bardem as Stilgar, the leader of the Fremen tribe at Sietch Tabr
- David Dastmalchian as Piter De Vries, the Mentat of House Harkonnen
‘Dune’ Part 2: What is the plot?
As of now, we cannot reveal the exact plotline of Dune Part 2. However, the official synopsis of this upcoming film reads, “This follow-up film will explore the mythic journey of Paul Atreides as he unites with Chani and the Fremen while on a warpath of revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family. Facing a choice between the love of his life and the fate of the known universe, he endeavors to prevent a terrible future only he can foresee.”
‘Dune’ Part 2: Release Date
Prior to being postponed a month to November 17, 2023, the release date of Dune Part Two was originally scheduled for October 20, 2023. The movie will now open in theaters on November 3, 2023, up from the original November 3 release date.